Monday, November 28, 2011

The 411

Since getting married we've been in our own little bubble.  So, here is what we've been up to in general:

Bryan is doing a 6 month internship at the Capital Groups Company in Irvine, California.  He has been doing finance, accounting, fund analysis and some other stuff I don't know much about.  He tells me "Today I did some work, went to lunch, and then did some more work" everyday.  He is working hard and gaining some really good experience.  He has also learned that he doesn't want to do this exact job long term.  Its good he figured that out now! He is also studying to take the GMAT for business school.  He does his "homework" everyday and is always taking about math.

I was not able to find a RN job but have been working as a caregiver.  I help individuals (usually elderly) do things they can't do for themselves anymore- drive them to Dr. appointments, help them use the bathroom, do physical therapy exercises, do their laundry, remind them to take their medicine, etc.  I also taught private swim lessons to little guys for the first couple months and babysit.

We are moving back to SLC/Provo in two weeks.  I have mixed emotions about moving back, but overall I'm excited.
From this...

To this

(-) Downside of leaving Cali:
1. We have met some great people and made good friends. I know I will miss them.
2. No more beach, Disneyland, Seaworld. I loved our Saturday outings to different beaches.
3. No more being warm.  Its back to snow. The weather here is great year round. 
4. This is where we spent the majority of the first 7 months of our marriage. Good memories.
5. I think it might be weird to be in Provo now.  Last time I was there I was single and a student.  Now I'm a married and (hopefully) working girl!
6. All the work it takes to move- packing, unpacking... its the worst

(+) Positives of moving back:
1. Close to family and friends
2. Close to family and friends
3. Bryan can finish school
4. Will be in one place long enough to get a RN job.  I'm open to any help with this :)
5. Intramural sports
6. We love Utah
7. Be home for Christmas and skiing
8. Moving forward

Be home soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment